How do you pay tribute to a man whose words and actions have always inspired you and will continue to do so in years to come!
Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ji was not a politician… he was a leader, a true statesman, a man of masses, a man of words, a man with Sarv Dharm Sambhav approach and a man who built the platform for India to grow and progress. it was only after his prime ministerial term that India took the expressway to growth.
A sensitive person with a poetic heart; Atal Ji was a gem whose achievements cannot be summed up in few words. Yet, a humble attempt from me –
- Nuclear Power for India – Want to see how Vajpayee Ji empowered India with nuclear bomb? Watch Parmanu. It was under his term in 1998 that India conducted 5 nuclear tests in one week at Pokhran.
2. Victory in Kargil War – The way India defeated Pakistan in Kargil War and foiled Pakistan sponsored terrorists attempt to infiltrate reflected the vision and decisive leadership of Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ji.
3. Social & Economic Reforms – Atal Ji was the first non-Congress PM to complete his full term. He was also the first PM to focus so strongly on social and economic reforms, rural development and bring forth a host of welfare and progressive measures. Schemes like Pradhanmantri Gramin Sadak Yojna were his gift to India.
4. Diplomatic Success – Atal Ji showed grace and immense pragmatism by starting Delhi Lahore Bus Yatra. He also ensured stronger trade and bilateral relations with the United States. In fact, Bill Clinton became the first American President to visit India after 1978 and this happened during Vajpayee Ji term in the year 2000.
5. First to speak in Hindi in the United Nations – As India’s Foreign Minister in the Janata Party govt, Atal Ji had given a rapturous speech at the UN General Assembly in Hindi in 1977. That was the first time anyone had given a speech in Hindi at the global forum.
People like Atal Bihari Vajpayee leave a rich legacy of their thoughts, words and actions. He was one of the biggest source of inspirations for me.
We are blessed to be born in his era when he set an example of how a true leader of masses should conduct himself.